How is rent collected?

Rent is collected through post-dated cheques or through pre-authorized debit (PAD). These two methods ensure that the rent is always paid on time. We recommend sending 6 or 12 post-dated cheques to the office. Otherwise, you can request for an automatic withdrawal via the pre-authorized debit (PAD) form.

I have signed the Tenancy Agreement and ready to move in. What are the next steps?

Upon the Landlord’s acceptance of your tenancy, you will be provided with a welcome package from your Property Manager. A “move-in” condition inspection walk through will be done between you and the Landlord or Landlord’s agent before you move in.

What is the “Move-Out” procedure?

In a periodic tenancy (ie. month to month), you are required to provide a minimum of one calendar month’s notice. A fixed term lease agreement cannot be terminated before the end date of the agreement.

Noticed must be given in writing. Once considered received, the building caretaker or Property Manager will arrange for a move out condition inspection. This inspection is to take place after you have fully vacated the premises and all required cleaning has been completed. At this time, you are required to return all sets of keys provided to you at the beginning of the tenancy.

You may access a list of general cleaning responsibilities as per the RTA guideline here: LINK

How much is the security deposit and pet deposit?

The Security Deposit is one half of the first months’ rent and the Pet Deposit is an additional one half of the first months’ rent as outlined by the Residential Tenancy Act.

How often are onsite inspections done?

This varies depending on the needs of each building or single units. Generally, in suite inspections are performed on a quarterly basis.

Can I have pets in my rental unit?

Pets are only allowed if specified in your tenancy agreement prior to the commencement of your tenancy. If during the tenancy, you wish to get a pet, prior written consent must be provided by the Landlord, and the required Pet Deposit has been paid in full.

Can fixed term agreements be broken?

All fixed term agreements are legal contracts and cannot be broken without the mutual consent of both parties involved or as outlined in your Tenancy Agreement.

What Is Tenant Insurance? Is Tenant Insurance required?

Tenant insurance is designed to protect your belonging and you as a tenant in the event of theft, floods, fires, etc. Tenants are responsible in getting their own insurance coverage and ensuring that there is adequate insurance to cover any possibilities.

It is highly advisable and strongly recommended that Tenants have tenant insurance. However, if you select the option not to purchase it in your Tenancy Agreement, you must be aware that in the event of a fire, flood, etc., the Landlord is not responsible or liable for your personal belonging inside the rental unit.

What do I do in the event of an emergency?

If your situation is an emergency, such as a leak, flood, or no heat/water/electricity, please call our 24 hours emergency help line at 604-736-5611. An attendant will assist you right away.

If there is a fire in your apartment, get out safely, call 911, and inform our office as soon as possible.

I am locked out of my apartment/house. What do I do?

If you are locked out of your house, you will be required to call a locksmith and pay all associated costs. You may not change the lock in any way. If a new lock is required, you will need prior written consent from your Landlord and a copy must be provided to your Landlord/Property Manager.

If you are locked out of your condo/apartment outside of business hours, please call your onsite caretaker or 24/7 concierge for access into the building. If someone from our office is required to let you in after business hours, please note that there is a fee for this service, and will be responsible for paying all associated costs with the locksmith to get into your suite.

Who will deal with necessary repairs to my rental unit?

Please contact your Property Manager with any repairs necessary to your rental unit. As the acting agent on behalf of your Landlord, your Property Manager will require prior written approval from the Landlord before approving any repairs. Contact your Property Manager as soon as possible in order to avoid a long waiting period and any further damage.